2017 Fall Internship Opportunity: Fundraising and Communications Intern
Women for Tennessee’s Future (WTF) is a political action committee (PAC) dedicated to mobilization, advocacy, and fundraising for the election of progressive women across the state. WTF offers education about the political process, information on crucial political issues, and support for progressive women candidates for public office. If you are enthusiastic about the advancement of progressive women in politics in TN, then this is the internship for you.
WTF is seeking a bright, self-motivated intern based in Nashville, TN to work with our consultant in these focus areas:
Fundraising and Development: The WTF Intern will help in implementing fundraising initiatives including: fundraising campaigns, aiding with individual donor research and data entry, assisting with Call Time, and helping with planning and executing fundraising events.
Communications and Social Media: The WTF intern will assist in crafting external communications including: drafting email and blog messages, creating visually appealing social media content, managing social media campaigns, analyzing the effectiveness of WTF’s online efforts and bonus points for someone with a background in graphic design or a willingness to develop graphic design skills using programs like Canva or Adobe.
We are looking for someone with:
- High level of responsibility and ability to own projects, take initiative and work independently and remotely
- The ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Demonstrated desire to grow personally and professionally
- Professional communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Professional communication skills who is friendly, outgoing, and possesses a positive attitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Docs
- Proficiency in social media platforms especially Facebook and Twitter
- Comfortable with networking, meeting new people and engaging supporters on the phone
- Passion for the work, mission and values of WTF
- Access to a lap top and cell phone
- Access to a car (Preferred, but not required to apply)
- Knowledge of graphic design programs like Canva or the Adobe suite (Preferred, but not required to apply)
- The ability to earn academic credit through an educational institution (Preferred, but not required to apply)
- The ability to commit to 10-20 hours/week over the course of the 3-4 month internship
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the internship to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This is an unpaid internship based in Nashville.
WTF strives to reflect the diverse communities that we serve. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information about WTF, visit our website or visit us on and